1. The "Ignite Your Support" Trivia Challenge (the "Contest") is organized by the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) of 230 Stadium Boulevard, Singapore 397799.
2. The Contest is open to all Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents, except for SSC‟s employees and their immediate family members residing in and possessing a permanent residential address in Singapore.
3. The duration of the contest (the "Contest Period") shall be from 00:01, 09 July 2012 ("Start Date") to 23:59, 17 September 2012 ("End Date"). The time zone applied to the foregoing and in relation to any other references to time in the rest of these terms and conditions shall be Singapore time, GMT +8. The Contest Period may be extended at SSC's sole and absolute discretion.
4. To participate in the Contest, you must complete the game online through the mobile website www.supportteamsingapore.sg (the "Contest Website"). There are 10 separate rounds of the weekly "Ignite Your Support" Trivia Challenge across 10 weeks. Only the first submitted score in your first attempt in each round of the 10 weekly games will be eligible for consideration in the leaderboard and in the selection of the winner. A well-wish must be submitted at the end of the game for the entry to be eligible for consideration. Personal Details (collectively, an "Entry") must be submitted through the website during the Contest Period.
5. Entry must be original and must not be copied from another established name or tagline in use. SSC reserve the right to cancel the award and forfeit the prize if it is subsequently found out that the name is identical or very similar to another name of the entity or product or service.
6. Any incomplete Entry (which shall include but not be limited to where you fail to furnish all the required details) may be disqualified from the Contest at SSC's sole and absolute discretion. You warrant by your participation in the Contest that the information, details and particulars submitted by you to SSC are true, accurate and complete. SSC shall not be liable for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected Entries for any reason whatsoever (including without limitation, owing to your or the web server or system host's fault) and shall not entertain nor be liable for any claims in respect of whether a particular Entry from you was duly received and/or accepted for participation in the Contest.
7. In order to be eligible for the Contest, your Entry must be received by SSC no later than 23:59 on the End Date. For the avoidance of doubt, an Entry will be deemed to have been received by SSC when accepted by SSC‟s authorised personnel or web server or system host. SSC shall not entertain nor be liable for any claims in relation to whether your Entry was duly received by SSC (including without limitation, whether or not such claim arises from or involves any or any alleged technical malfunction of the web server or system host or any allegations of hardcopy forms not being received by an SSC authorised personnel).
8. Information on how to enter the Contest and on the prizes as listed on the Contest Websites shall form part of these terms and conditions governing the Contest. Each Entry that you submit should be made strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions – otherwise, such Entry may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of SSC, from participation in the Contest.
9. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and thereby agree to all the terms and conditions of participation in the Contest as set out herein, including all amendments, additions, replacements and modifications ("Amendments") hereto as may from time to time be made by SSC, Provided That SSC shall notify participants and the public of such Amendments by a notification to be posted on the "Contest Website".
10. Each Entry will be vetted by SSC to ensure that the Entry meets all requirements stipulated herein before the Entry shall be deemed eligible for the Contest.
11. False and/or deceptive and/or offensive Entries or acts committed in connection with the Entry or otherwise in connection with your participation in the Contest shall render your Entry ineligible for participation in the Contest. SSC also reserves the right to disqualify – at its sole and absolute discretion, any Entry which it deems inappropriate and to not post and/or remove (or request or otherwise procure the removal of) such Entry from the Contest Website. In the event of the aforesaid disqualification, no explanation will be provided by SSC.
12. Without prejudice to other clauses hereto enabling SSC to disqualify any Entry, SSC reserves the right to declare any Entry void and to modify the Contest or any part thereof or to cancel the entire Contest at any time during the Contest Period should SSC decide at its sole and absolute discretion that no Entries meet SSC's required or desired standard.
13. By participating in the Contest, you represent, warrant, undertake, agree and/or acknowledge that:
14. You hereby agree that SSC reserves the right to use, for any purpose SSC deems fit, your submitted Entry in connection with the Contest, Provided That such use shall be to the extent permitted by law. Such rights shall include (without limitation) the right of SSC to permit your Entry for publicity purposes and communications related to the Contest and/or SSC generally on websites, during presentations, on or in any printed or video materials, or in any other mode(s).
15. There will be a total of ten (10) Weekly prizes worth more than $100 each given out during the Contest Period. The prizes include:
16 All prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or credit, and are subject to any terms and conditions as may be imposed by the merchant, service provider or supplier of the prizes. SSC shall not be liable for any variation in the prizes or prize values.
17. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, SSC reserves the right at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute, withdraw or cancel any prize without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefor and without any payment or compensation whatsoever in lieu thereof. Without limitation to the generality of the foregoing and without prejudice to Clause 14 above, such right shall include the right to:
18. All ancillary costs and expenses, duties, value added taxes or tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of winning or otherwise in connection with the prize, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. SSC shall not be liable for any taxes (including but not limited to income tax) that may arise from the winning of or otherwise in connection with the prize. Please also take note of local laws and regulations which may govern the issuance or receipt of or otherwise in connection with the prize.
19. Without prejudice to Clause 16 above, to the fullest extent permitted by law, SSC excludes all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Contest or as a result of issuance, receipt and use of, or otherwise in connection with any of the prizes.
20. The highest scorer of the "Ignite Your Support" Trivia Challenge in each week will be deemed the winner of the weekly prize. In instances where there is a tied score, the time taken to complete the game will be the deciding factor in the winner, where the party with the least time taken will be deemed the winner. Only the first submitted score in the first attempt by the participant in each round of the 10 weekly games will be eligible for consideration in the leadership board and in the selection of the winner. A well-wish must be submitted at the end of the game for the entry to be eligible for consideration. The selection will take place on 16 July 2012, 23 July 2012, 30 July 2012, 6 August 2012, 13 August 2012, 20 August 2012, 27 August 2012, 3 September 2012, 10 September 2012 and 17 September. The selection will be opened to all Entries submitted by 23:59 on the day before each of the selection dates.
21. SSC reserves the right to select reserve winners to substitute any winner subsequently found to be disqualified. SSC also reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to determine if there will be no winner at all. SSC's decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
22. SSC will notify the winner by email or telephone or post (to be decided at SSC's discretion) within three (3) working days after the lucky draw (the "Notification"). SSC shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to contact and notify the prize winner.
23. Prizes not claimed within three (3) working days from the date of Notification may be withdrawn or given to a reserve winner under the discretion of the Organiser.
24. SSC may additionally request that the prize winner turn up for a photo shoot at which photos will be taken, and SSC reserves, and each participant upon his/her participation in the Contest grants SSC, the right to use such photo/s, the winner's name and such other Personal Details as SSC may deem appropriate to use, (including, without limitation, the right of SSC to use said items for publicity purposes and communications related to the Contest and/or SSC generally on websites, during presentations, on or in any printed or video materials, or in any other mode). In accordance with the foregoing, you grant to SSC (upon your participation in the Contest) an irrevocable, royalty-free license to use the copyright and all other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in such abovementioned items and for the uses and in such manner as described above.
25. All prizes must be collected in person at SSC within seven (7) working days of the Notification, failing which the prizes will be forfeited (such forfeiture to be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of SSC in accordance with the relevant local laws and regulations). Proof of identity must also be provided at the point of collection. No right to compensation shall accrue nor be given to the winner if he/she fails to provide his/her relevant Personal Details accurately to SSC at the point of collection or fails to claim the prize in accordance with the collection instructions provided in the Notification.
26. SSC shall not be liable for any copyright violations by participants and does not guarantee the legality of the Entry entered in the contest or displayed on SSC's Contest Website or otherwise distributed in any form of communication.
27. SSC makes no warranties or representations whatsoever and whether express or implied, in respect of the Contest Website or any of its contents (including but not limited to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the prizes or in relation to whether the content and delivery of the Contest Website is free from errors, bugs or viruses, uninterrupted or repairable if damaged or impaired). For avoidance of doubt, SSC is not the supplier of the prizes offered and shall not bear any liability in relation thereto.
28. SSC shall not be liable for any loss of entry form(s) or problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Contest.
29. You (including your heirs, executor and/or administrators) hereby agree to indemnify fully and hold SSC and its directors, officers, employees and assignees thereof (the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, loss, liabilities or damage (including but not limited to economic loss, damage to any property or injury to or death of any person and any legal costs) that may be suffered or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties arising whether directly or indirectly from:
30. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions, SSC reserves the right at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion to determine and/or amend, by addition to, deletion from or variation of, these terms and conditions without prior notification, including but not limited to the terms and conditions concerning the eligibility for the Contest, criteria for the Contest and the selection of winners.
31. Neither SSC nor SSC's employees, affiliates, representative offices, authorized agencies or any other associated sponsors associated with the Contest shall be held liable for any failure or omission to carry out the Contest in accordance with these terms and conditions or for any loss or damage suffered by you in relation to the Contest or your participation therein, including where such failure, omission, loss or damage arises out of or in connection with any event of force majeure, including without limitation any calamity or conditions, acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotion, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotages, strikes, fires, lockouts, shortages of material or labor, terrorist activity, epidemic, quarantine restrictions, health risk or any defect, failure, or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of SSC, SSC's employees, affiliates, representative offices, authorized agencies or any sponsor associated with the Contest, as the case may be.
32. SSC collects your Personal Details in order to conduct the Contest, and may pass that information to its related bodies, corporations and agencies assisting with the Contest. Upon your participation in the Contest, you shall be deemed to have read and understood the contents thereof.
33. By participating in the Contest, you consent to the public disclosure of your Personal Details including your name, biography and other identification details, etc., for the publicity purposes of SSC in relation to the Contest or otherwise, and without payment or compensation therefor.
34. SSC's decisions in all matters related to the Contest, prizes and prize winner shall be final and binding. No discussions, correspondence or appeals shall be entertained in relation thereto.
35. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochures, marketing or other promotional materials or communications relating to the Contest, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
36. The Contest and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with any local laws as may be applicable to you, and by participating in the Contest, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore in the determination of any matter or dispute arising in connection therewith.